Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Week Nine :)

Gross! I very much do NOT like the rain!!! Just puts you in this tired, don't wanna do anything mood. Well, that's the mood I had tonight on my way to discipleship group. I really didn't feel like going but I made myself. Then hardly any girls showed up so that was discouraging. But I prayed, I asked that God would speak to even just one of those girls. Well, we started off with a few ice breakers. One was where each girl had a sheet of paper that had every letter of the alphabet on it and they had to go around the room finding out things about the other girls that had to start with each letter. Then we played a game called wink murder. One girl is the detective and goes outside the room while I anonymously pick the "murderer" (with everyone's eyes closed) then the detective comes into the middle of the circle and has 3 guesses to figure out who the murderer is. If another girl is winked at by the murderer then she "dies" and the detective needs to figure out who the murderer is before she kills everyone. It's better with a larger group but we still had alot of fun. Tonight was the continuation of purity but because they're wasn't alot of girls we didn't want to do the lesson we had planned, so we prepared for next week. Next week we are having boys come in and we're asking them questions to show the girls how different the minds of girls and guys are. So this week we had each of the girls anonymously write down 3-6 questions that they would ask us (the youth leaders) and 3-6 they'd ask the guys coming in. After that we sat around and talked about anything they may have had questions on and it was just a good relaxed time, which I think was something we needed. All the girls seemed to have a really good time so I was glad. God took something that just seemed to be taking a turn for the worst and turned it into a really good time :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Doesn't God work in wonderful ways, just when we are tired and ready to just slouch through things He is always there to make our weakness His strength! I can totally relate with trying to talk to teens about purity and how much kids don't really want to have that talk. I can only say to be honest, brutally if you have to. I have found that on the discussions about purity of mind, soul, and body, kids understand more with the truth in our own lives.